Friday, March 09, 2007

Issues of Life

It has been indeed a long break and I am sorry to have been ‘off air’ for such a long time without notice…I am indeed very ashamed of myself…even the blogsite had problems logging me back in. As you may imagine, it was not deliberate but I found myself dealing with issues of life…sometimes they pour and not rain…, I thought of reporting back to by blog audience and never quite getting round to it.

It all started with a health scare and I had to deal with that. I had to jet out across the oceans to get some medical tests done. It was a harrowing experience considering I just got back from the God’s own country a month earlier where I took the annual routine exams and came boasting to you guys how healthy I was. I just know it was a scare from the ‘enemy’s camp’ but that is the story for another day. Actually it is a story waiting to be published…I am putting finishing touches to it at this time.

One of the not very interesting experiences was my clash with British Airways and I have asked myself that if I have the choice, will I fly that airline again?...I am still struggling with the answer. Imagine flying out of here at night getting to London and was told “Oh your flight to Washington DC has been cancelled” and I blurted out why? And I was practically told “we owe you no explanation”. They bumped me onto a Virgin Atlantic flight which I am very happy to have taken because it is my preferred airline (oh one of them I should say)…when you do not have a national airline, you should not really complain so much about other people milking you and insulting you on top it. Anyway, back to BA and the rubbish…they had the audacity to give me 10 pounds breakfast voucher and had nothing else to say to me. How about my luggage which was checked all the way to Dulles? “oh we will re-route your luggage”…stupid me, I believed them!!! The luggage was not to come for 3 days and I was there for a week. Lol…you go figure.

I had issues to deal with so I paid them very little attention. By the time luggage came, I was ready to come home. All in all it was a great trip…I have a story to tell and it is a good one. I got back to sort out my work mess…exiting and going into another company plus I jumped out in the middle of my last month serving out my notice period…total mess I tell you. I have struggled with that and just about easing myself out now and moving on…remember the gist that I had resigned from the vibrant lounge office?

So long a story…should really end by telling you guys how I got home and was reviewing my son’s literacy homework where they usually learn a set of 15 words each week and try to make sentences with them. Well, “girl” was a word in one of the sets and what was his sentence? “I love girls”…Imagine my shock…I told him to erase it and rewrite it…plus the word is girl not girls. Later when I thought about it…I was happy he loves girls…with no offence to anyone…I think I should have him write the sentence again and paste on his wall…

Back now and glad to off load here again. Moving into a new job but no more long breaks.

5 comments:

Mrs Somebody said...

Yeah I agree with you.......imagine how shocking it would have been if he wrote I like boys!Sorry about the airline/luggage issues.

Unknown said...

I was just coming to harass you about updating. I'm off to read ur post now.

Unknown said...

Why are you panicking that the boy wrote he loves girls? He loves them in an innocent way!!! Haba Mummy!!! LOL!!!!

So sorry about ur tiff with BA staff. They derive pleasure sometimes in the discomfort of certain passengers. I'm glad u are over ur health scare. Remain strong.

I'll miss ur office lounge. Its been the venue of many a good stories. LOL!!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Nice post girl... Nice to have you back for real...Thank God you're ok. Not to offend anyone as well, but it's cool that your boy likes girls...

Wings said...

Okay everyone, I have accepted the love for girls and I am happy about it but did you not all notice that the word was girl not girls...God help me is all I can say...

Nyemoni, each time I try to leave a comment on your site, it never accepts my details...so many times same problem...any idea what I can do differently?