Sunday, March 03, 2013

Confront Your Fears (part 1)

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do things which you think you cannot do” (Eleanor Roosevelt) The above pretty much captures where I am in life right now. I know the path I want to take but fear seems to cripple me. I am in transition. That point on the road where there is something. It is a vulnerable state and fear can eat you up… because the path seems so uncertain. I do not know quite how to navigate out of it. There are things I must do and they may not be “convenient” but as I look back in the courses of my life “convenience” has stolen most of dreams from me and convenience had stolen time from me. What I see today is fear in a new cloak…did I say new? No, in the usual cloak of convenience rearing up again. I will jump anyway!!! I will get off the ship… off the known I will get off the ship of waiting for convenient time because I may never remember when I lived my life I may just be waiting for convenient time and my life will be over… What a tragedy that will be! “You rarely have time for everything you want in this life, So you have to make choice. And hopefully, your choices can come from a deep sense of who are” (Fred Rogers)

No comments: