Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tipping down and Over

What can I say? It has been a crazy period. There has been so much going on in and around me.

Around me is easier to deal with because I can blame work, infrastructure which has been erratic, demand on my time etc but the hardest part is the turmoil inside of me.

When I say it has been crazy, I really do mean it in every letter of the word…not sure how I have gotten from one day to the other. I truly felt like I was drowning and grappling …the hours in day did not seem enough and I was losing control. Anyone been there when it seems like things are spiraling out of control?

That is where I have been. I was thrown into two projects with a client and all too demanding…the sad part of that is that I was not prepared for it prior but in this time and period in business we are all supposed to be like “boys scout of old right?” Be prepared!!! So I went vroom on the projects and here I am they have both kicked off and I am on a high …oh well not quite…

On a personal level, I kind of feel like I was losing control of my drive and my passion…and that is very disturbing. Every once in a while we go through a dry spell but it is dangerous if we stay there for too long then we lapse into self pity and sometimes it takes longer to come out and for some people it becomes frustrating and then for some people it signals depression…now that is a genius speaking…can you beat that? …I have become a psycho analyst but then these things are not rocket science.

Not making light of things… when something has a fault, you contact the authorized service provider and in this case I went straight to the manufacturer and He is fixing things up.

It brings me to a very good point, something I have been wanting to write about…are you spiraling up or down in your present state/career? Do you even give it a thought? I know we all did some soul searching and introspection just at the end of the last year and made decisions of what we are going to do differently or focus on this year…and guess what, we have spent a quarter of the year already and if we are not already rolling on that vision or walking on that road…it is time to wake up.

If you are like me who has experienced different challenges so far and feeling like the year is almost over, then it is time to do some soul searching and see what is draining your energy, passion and drive so that you can do something about it. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and hugging yourself in self pity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most times ... kind words in my time of need and a listening or comforting gesture goes a long way to make a lasting impression

Wings said...

Jem
You are right...I have been getting a good dthose of that plus I am aware of what I am going through so I am also reaching out to do some good...add value to other people, do things to build people...those gestures have a way of returning to sender...you know what I mean?