Saturday, May 12, 2007

When Is the Right Time for Love

Heyya all…have missed blogging…been very busy trying to make loads of money…so that I can lie down under the coconut tree in a secluded island and enjoy nature…fresh fruit juice and simply live…any one understand what I mean?

I realized that stranger than fiction piece got a few tongues wagging, a few curios minds thinking and a few people just wondering…hmmm! I cannot help you…remember I said ask no questions?

On my way back from the Queen’s own country a couple of days ago, I decided that I will not day dream or read which is all I usually do on planes, I decided to watch a movie and I chose “Miss Porter”…when I saw that it was Renee Zellweger…I knew I cannot but enjoy it…who will blame me…I only remember her for Bridget Jones diary. While I am sure movie critics will have their say, I think it was a very good movie...nothing new but something that got me thinking. Every woman has (not every…here I go again generalizing) after all there are women who do not think at all ..anyway…most women over the age of 18 most have given this a fleeting thought…when is the right time for love? How do I know when love comes calling? What if I do not feel any butterflies in my stomach…does it mean? All sorts of questions and thoughts that go through our minds as women (may be they go through guys minds as well but they don’t tell).

So when is the right time for love? When I was growing up (believe me, I am done growing up…at least physically...mentally and emotionally? I think I will continue to grow in those dimensions until the 6 feet time), I thought that love just must come and I do not think that one can pass 20 years without falling in love and living happily ever after…guess what yours truly used to feed on then? Mills and Boon…Janet Daily, Carole Mortimer…those were my favorite writers…then I moved on to Danielle Steel and heartbreaks started filling my thoughts but then back to this 20 years thingy. Then I cannot remember when I was twenty truly but I can tell you that love did not come calling…okay I remember love came before then in different forms and even trailed me home and dearest mommy even had a choice. But suffice it to say that I did not move to the “happily ever after” phase. I trudged along finding my feet and exploring the world…in retrospect I was searching for my niche…not sure if I have finally settled that quest by the way.

When is the right time for love…when we have settled our internal, intrinsic quest, found our niche? Or is it when we feel the butterflies and have no clue of the heart aches and labor and sacrifices that love demands? Looking at Miss Porter, (if you have seen the movie)…I am not sure which one it was really…in her case but there was a lesson in that movie or even lessons…go with your heart, believe in yourself, love can be painful, love gives a second chance.

On another note…life gives a second chance for love…is it only when the first love is dead? Does it give when you did not recognize it at first and you walked past?

8 comments:

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

I think the right time for love is NOW....

Unknown said...

I hevent watched Miss Porter yet. Will look out for it.

Anonymous said...

really!wen i sthe right time 4 love!

IJEOMA said...

for me love comes after self acceptance. after self love.. you cannot love another until you are in love with yourself.. so that you can better understand where your needs start.. and the other person needs begin

Azuka said...

I'm sure most of my view on love would make a lot of people come to the conclusion that I don't actually believe in love.

I think love just happens. There may or may not be butterflies -- what's important is the attraction.

Wings said...

I agree with all of you...no not really, I do not quite agree with you Ijeoma obu Iheoma on the self love and self acceptance...I know that we need to accept ourselves and those kind of circular humanity stuff but the truth is love does not ring a bell or ask us if we have accepted ourselves...there is no stage or level thingy in this process, is there?

Wings said...

I agree with all of you...no not really, I do not quite agree with you Ijeoma obu Iheoma on the self love and self acceptance...I know that we need to accept ourselves and those kind of circular humanity stuff but the truth is love does not ring a bell or ask us if we have accepted ourselves...there is no stage or level thingy in this process, is there?

Wings said...

Azuka...

I totally agree with you on the attraction thing. I also agree that it just happens...I am just saying that if it is not happening alongside the calendar and biological clock; is it that it happened earlier and one did not recognize it or are there people who it will never happen to? If the attraction is there...is that not enough butterflies?