Monday, February 05, 2007

Handling Uncertainties

Looks like ages since I last wrote something. I have been wondering if this year is any different...actually it is very different from the other years...how can I even ask?

Anyway, it just seems like I am so very busy and the hours fly. Work...office has been a bit of a mess. There have been days when I felt like just getting away from it all. There has been quite a bit going on...a botched mbo, confusion, disillussionment, exits and someone in the midst of all these is supposed to maintain some level of sanity.

Remember what they say that when elephants fight, the grass suffers. ...there has been several elephant fights, different sizes of elephants and vaious patches of the grass suffering...yours truly has tried to keep a level head and a calm approach which has worked so far. All said, it has been a trying time at my patience as well. People just forget that everyone is going through the same emotions...only some people have made a conscious decision and choice on how to respond to it. Which brings me to the issue I want to discuss today...how do we respond to uncertainties in the different areas of our lives?

I believe that it is difficult to predict how one will respond to a certain situation until he/she is confronted with it but even when we are confronted with it which we have been at different stages of our lives ranging from the really overwhelming to the not very overwhelming...we can take a deep breath and make a conscious choice of how we will respond and what stand we will take. Sometimes we have time to 'sleep over' an issue but sometimes we have to respond to situations within split seconds...no matter the urgency, we cannot allow situations to toss us to and fro and we find ourselves beeing managed by these changes instead of us managing the situation.

I have seen people dangle and float...not sure where or what they want to do even when they have taken days and nights 'sleeping over the issue' and even claiming to pray about it. The later action is really very funny, you'd expect that someone who prays will expect to get an answer but since God does not speak to us from the open heavens, even getting an answer or a confirmation to our prayers is a difficult task for some people. I am definitely in support of the prayer approach and I advocate it but I know that God is not an author of confusion and I also know that He answers prayers and speaks to us even this day. However, people should not hide under this unbrella to float and be undecisive about their lives or follow the crowd.

Enough of this sermon. I think I have made my point and that is we should always make a decision, a choice on how to react and respond to situations as this will help us manage the situations. The values and pricinciples we live by (hopefully we have) are fundamental to the choices we make. If we lack these, we can sleep over issues for weeks running on months and still be tossed to and fro and just go with the flow instead of dictating the flow.

Have a great week everyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whatever the situation, its always those who keep a sane head on their neck that always come out tops in difficult circumstances. Trust u're one of them - like me. (smile)

Wings said...

Calabar gal...I agree with you but you do not sound same at all...especially when you see deals displayed on Oxford street...