Monday, August 06, 2007

Back with a vengeance

Oh my God...I do not even know where to start...I kind of think that I have forgotten blogging except that I have been looking forward to this time...yes! yes! and full fist yes!!! I have sometime off work and I will devote most of this time to keep this site up to date and to share the many things that have been going on these weeks, months that I hardly posted anything here.

I am on vacation...whose idea is it anyway to head west at this time of the year? How come everyone is asking "where are you off this summer?" Believe it or not, summer is now a season in Nigeria. I mentioned this in my earlier blogs...and come to think of it, this is site is a year...how time flies but I will be making my anniversary blog post later not today. Anyway, it is so hot out here that it makes the Niger sun and heat a child's play oh at least I do not live up north in Abuja and Sokoto so I cannot compare adequately...

Tired of answering the questions, and also finally getting the draining project that I have been on in some form of order and closure, it was time to take a breathing space and attend to other matters of interest and well being. So, I planned a vacation...yea yea yea...pappee is with me but he is in a summer camp...which is good and I get to do some fun things...run in the moring, come home and crash in front of Tv watching daytime soaps and opening books in front of me and thinking I will eventually get to read them before the day is over.

I have been so drained, tired and old age is finally catching up on me if not, how come I was alsmost losing it just be the sheer pressure of work? I indeed undertook a big project and it was not only stressful, it drained me physically and mentally and at the end of th 4th month, I knew that if I am to be useful again professionally, I need sometime to recup, rejuvenate and have my soul restored.

Talking of my soul, I am also embarking on a study of different books of the bible personally and also attending some bible school teaching. I think this is an important time of my life and I need to get to where I need to be and the only to it is to learn at the feet of the great teacher. So on this vacation, there will be more meditations...in the word...know what I mean?

So Pappee and I are in God's own country..(where better to be ...?)... Did I mention that I am also in need of retail therapy?? As you can tell by now, there is just so much to do even though it is a vacation but all these are not work... actually I have not missed work that much. I dare say that I will be doing very light work via email but I will not be called into countless meetings and I will not be in traffic shuttling to one meeting or the other...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amara, ever since I have known you, you are always on one trip or the other! LOL!! Enjoy ur vacation!

Chibuzo Okoro said...

Welcome back! (hardly with a vengeance though seeing you're trying to recoup from all the hustle and bustle). Reading your blog is making me feel like I need a holiday too. ;-)

Put your feet up and enjoy the ac (I almost said summer sunshine).

We tried calling you over the weekend but didn't get through....doesn't matter anyway cos you're not in naija.

Have fun and my love to the big boy.

- Chibuzo.

Wings said...

Thanks calabar gal...I work so hard okay maybe not hardet than most people but I was really drianed this time and I needed to get out...anywhere but Nigeira...need not worry aboutlight and traffic...

This is really a therapeutic vacation...every area of my life was suffering...