Saturday, August 11, 2007

Looking gorgeous is serious business

Looking gorgeous (must have different definitions) is serious business…no matter the point you view it from. Yesterday, I went out to the mall (an upscale mall) two stops away from Pentagon…

I like to go to that part of the city not only because I get to pass the well dressed military men of God’s own county…looking impeccable and well groomed in their uniforms, I get to see all sorts of good looking and well dressed and not-so-well-dressed people as well…

Today though a gorgeous 40 something (at least by my estimation) may be older but not less bounced into the food court with this guy (both of them in obvious gym outfit…definitely coming out of the gym)…the lady only in sports bra (but this is summer and summer I America…anything goes)… )… baring this “want to kill abs and midribs …they exhume “I have just had a great work out”…and heads did turn…men and women alike…some admiration, some jealousy, others envy and some sheer lust… Moi, I was…mhh! To have this look, I gotta kill myself since I am definitely not having any intrusion…(remember my earlier piece on this?)

All of us were having a hearty meal and guess where these two people strolled to? Mr Smoothie…all fresh and organic…fruits only stand…No wonder I said to myself and they unassumingly strolled out again with their smoothie of orange, and other exotic fruits…Yours truly I continued with my carry out from Panda express of hearty bourbon chicken and mixed vegetables…told myself “you are not doing badly at least it is not pizza or burger… you know what I mean? But suffice it to say that it cured me of the frapuccino that I was going to go for at the starbucks stand once I was done with my food. Instead, I drank up my water and headed out feeling like the 40 something lady with a killer body even though I can feel the excess fats and spare tires bulging out and going up and down…my excuses has been old age catching up on me but that must be lame excuses … don’t you think???

So now, I am on a mission to tone, trim and firm …gotta look gorgeous only it looks like it will be a whole lot of work…wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Azuka said...

Nice. First time I'm seeing you write like this.

I'm also on a journey to get a lot of my weight down -- I never really knew when it skyrocketed...

Unknown said...

@Azuka: what weight?!?!!? LOL!!