Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I work in an office that is full of young people..predominantly members of generation"y" and today in the lounge during lunch, the discussion veered to step aerobics and eventually 'deteriorated' to exercise and gym attendance. This is a conversation that is part of me in this life because I am a protagonist for exercise and eating healthy. Back to the lounge talk: my colleague mentioned that she was late for the last step class and was asked by the instructor to move her board to front and she said to herself "forget it" and she was in no mood to fight. Mhnn!! I chuckled. I did not press her for the reason going to the front will warrant a fight with the step instructor. She said half an hour or so later when the class was over, she regretted not going because the people coming out looked throughly 'worked out' and she has vowed to make the next class.

Interestingly, it was not the step class that was going through my mind but how a little discomfort makes us lose sight of our objective and miss out on our desired result and blessings. How many times has a little obstacle (as little as "move your board and come to the front") has made us suddenly rethink and go back? Each time you meet a hurdle, no matter how little or big, ask yourself, what is my objective in first place? What is my destination? Is this detour ot flat tire or mechanical fault enough to stop me on my journey??

On another story, school will soon resume and I have been thinking of the 'life style changes" that I will need to make int he morning to get my little boy to school and make it to work on time. For some reason the summer holidays seemed like a long time and now I am not sure how it ended so soon. Please watch out for the stories on "bringing up Pappee". Pappee is currently six years and will be going into grade school 2 or primary 2 in a few days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yippeeeee!!! I'm first to comment on your blog. Welcome to blogland. Hope you have fun!!

Why should she have to move to the front to be thoroughly worked out? As long as you're doing all the instructor says along with everyone else in the class then you should be 'thoroughly worked out' along with the rest of the class!!