Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Behold the new Maestro

The last time I told you guys that my son is really a genius, everyone thought is the ranting and ravings of a proud mother …which I am by the way

Last Saturday was the year end music concert at my son’s music club and he was playing the recorder in the orchestra, doing a piano solo…and also providing the acrobatics for the ballet (yours truly did no know this)…he is a funny chap that boy, he never discusses what he is doing even when he is acting drama part in school…and he is only 6…when will he start telling us everything or maybe never right? That is already giving me the jitters and you should have seen him in his black tie outfit for the orchestra…dashingly handsome…he is really a good looking guy and I have bought the dog already to chase the girls away…

So the entire family (no hubby had business engagement) trouped out to see and support the super star…only there were more surprises. Like I said, we know about two performances but when the girly ballet group came out and did their thing...we suddenly saw them take a freezing pose and who came out…the acrobatic dancer and that was Pappee in his element. Okay you can ask anyone who was there (how will you find them so you are better off believing me)…he did his somersaults and got the cheers and the clapping…no he got a standing ovation.

The best is yet to come…you know orchestra is a thing for all participants so I will not tell you guys that he took the show…it was a group effort but they have been practicing and rehearsing for months and weeks now and yours truly I have had to buy alto recorder, tenor recorder, I did not buy treble…maybe there is nothing called treble anymore…in my days the music parts were in three part…no that was only church and school choir…never went to a music school or learnt to play any musical instruments.

He played a classical piano piece…your truly I cannot remember now whether it was Mozart or his brother but sure it was classical and we are not meant to really love them except you are classical music person…I was more impressed with the flow of his fingers and the standing ovation. Then came the awards…he got two awards…one for being the most consistent member of the music club for 2006…my son will never miss a lesson except he is out of town…if he has a birthday party will be late sand will not go until the class is over on Saturdays. He even takes extra lessons to perfect his part…that is being really focused if you ask me…only he is also a bit restless. The second award is the one that completely blew me off…he was the best drummer for 2006…I had absolutely no clue that he drums. I have been to a couple of his shows and performance and it was always the piano and the recorder but when he displayed the drumming skill , I too was impressed…now you see what I mean…he never said anything to us about drumming at home. He is multi talented…let us face it…what else can a mother want plus did I tell you guys that he had straight A’s in his exams…???

So it was a very rewarding experience…the fees…the drop off and pick up and all the ‘related stress’ of the music club demands and requirements. His drumming award is to be placed in the music club’s hall of fame and the most consistent award is proudly displayed on the shelf in his room. He was very proud of himself and is learning first hand the joys of success…plus that hard work comes first before success. I must say that he only practice, ‘study’ that Pappee never needs prodding or reminding is music practices. Each time he learnt something new on the key board; he practices so hard and tries to replicate the tunes with his recorder. Another thing I found out is that Pappee practiced almost everyone’s solo piece …as they all played their piece at the concert; I realized that I heard all those tunes in the last couple of weeks. Now don’t you just think as I do that the new maestro is born…the best is yet to come!!! Say Amen!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen to that!I am sure u were so proud of him.

Wings said...

Thank you Funmi.

I sure am a very proud mother...tra-lala and his biggest fan!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm jealous...

That's a really extraordinary young man!

Wings said...

mnnh! Azuka...He relaly is...I am blessed but his list to Santa is also extraordinary...I think that Santa will be stuck in the north pole this xmas.

Thanks