Monday, December 18, 2006

Husbands and Gifts

There is just so much I want to write about that I do not know where to begin…but first let me make good on my promise about gifts from hubbies…not everyone will agree with me…if you get the diamonds and perfect gifts…this piece is not for you but I have discussed this at different times and there seem to be a general consensus of some sort that hubbies just don’t get the gifts right even when they have the thoughts are right. Personally I have once told my hubby never to buy me any gifts…he should just give me the money…okay…that also has not worked.

Truly as boyfriends and fiancĂ©es…they are better…they put some thoughts to it, actually they know exactly what you look like…for some odd reasons, when they become husbands…they forget what size you are …yes…these guys live with us…they should at least look at us very well right? NO? They downright get it wrong all the time. When it is not bigger size, it is smaller size. But as boyfriends they can even call your friends and ‘conspire’ with them to get the right gifts but as hubbies…they cannot call your friends , first they do not even want your friend to know what they are getting you because it is now a “private family affair” and they get it wrong.

Now I love my husband to death (after all that was what I vowed in church…to love him till death do us part so…I love him right?),…if anyone directs him to this blog site, I will ‘kill’ the person. My husband has really tried a number of times and while I want to look at the intentions…I get really angry and very unappreciative…how come I know his shoe size, his boxer size, his shirt size and all his sizes and he has no clue about mine? It really infuriates me so these days…he has resorted to ‘consulting’ his sister to help him out and so far we got through last birthday very happy and the gift very appropriate (only I knew ahead of time when he went to his sister and she called me and then we agreed but I also agreed to be very surprised and happy when I got the present…truly I was).

If your hubby gets it right all the time…the kind of bag you will buy for yourself not like my sister whose hubby will go pick a bag that she will not be caught alive with…maybe thinking he is buying it for his ‘old mother’ so now she asks him for a gift voucher.

Actually, last xmas we were in the US on the 24th everyone hit the shop for their gifts…we first stopped at the toy shop for the kids and them proceeded to other shops and then I saw a pair of shoes that I wanted to buy for myself …at the counter, he took the shoes and said it will be in his own basket so I knew what will be sitting under the xmas tree with my name on it but I did not mind because it was my size, and a pair of shoes I really liked…the brand that I would wear and that is important…you agree don’t you? The designer/brand is important in addition to the thoughts…cheapies?...I have issues with. So no matter the thought…hubbies should get what the wives would have bought for themselves or even up it a bit…what do you think? Jewelries from Argus is a ‘no go areaooo!!!! for those of you in the UK…you have a right to disagree by the way!!!

No comments: