Monday, December 11, 2006

My Christmas List

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote that it is Christmas season again and time to give and I even asked what will you be giving? Your truly, my list is getting too long and I have been slaving over this list with possible gifts and costs for the past 2 weeks or more, now it looks like I have to edit it…you know what I mean and it may take me another week to edit this long list…who knows by the time I finish with all the paper work for the gifts, it will be Christmas and I would not have had the chance to shop. They say it is the thought that matters…ever received one of those gifts that you wonder what was going through the person’s mind when they picked that for you or what in the world you are supposed to do with the gift? If you have not received, I am sure you know someone who has received one and then the rhetoric comes “you know it is the thought that counts?”

I think this year it will be the thought that will count …what do you all think? The fact that I have thought about them and included them in my list…is that not enough? But how do I let them know that I thought about them but could not get them the ‘perfect gift’. Come to think of it, it really does not make a lot of sense to give gifts that people will not appreciate…it will be best to just think of them since that counts as well. I will continue to work on my list and I am sure that before Christmas, I would have figured out how to let them know that I thought about them but could not get the perfect gift…so I will keep searching and who knows before the next Christmas, I would have found the right gift and at the right price. I also think it should be a year long project…one has to believe that she/he will see Christmas each year so each seasonal sale…you can buy stuff for Christmas gift recipients instead of waiting until November (after thanksgiving for the Americans…not sure when the others start their holiday shopping spree).

Talking about shopping early, 2 Septembers ago, I was in a shop in God’s own country and this upscale shop was having a sale and when they have a sale it is real sale…I had gone to the boys section to see what is available for my boy and this old woman had packed up all the Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren shirts that were brought out for sale…I mean literarily packed the entire thing and I was so angry I even asked her if she was going to buy them all or should I wait until she’s been to the payment counter…I actually followed her to the counter and the old woman packed everything and paid…the prices were rock bottom and she said she was buying them all for her grandchildren for Christmas…in September? This woman has the right formula…I thought she was whacko but nay…she is smart.

Back to my Christmas list…I sure have to trim it down…remove some nieces and (his and mine), some cousins (his and mine)…uncles (definitely mine)…get the picture? Wish me luck and pray that at this rate I do not delete everyone’s name.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am in the same dilema over here. I have bought sone presents but not all and then my hubby's nephew anounced that he'd like a nintendo wii fo christmas. Of course we both know that isnt possible!! His maximum present credit is £40!! LOL!!! This aunty has to be mean or she'll be paying for christmas presents the whole of 2007.