Thursday, December 07, 2006

The evil and goodness of Google

I was going to say that no one is safe anymore and we cannot run and hide as we used to...cut all communication, erase people from our phones and delete their email addresses and we are safe...no more! What is new? Everyone is aware of now technology and its spiderweb connectivity is liking us all up...

But I have changed my mind ...I am entitled to changing my mind right? Right. So I decided that I will talk about how the spiderweb connectivity and google cannot only mess up your life ...they can also make you smile and help you find your long lost friends...as long as they are still alive and use the technology (of course)...google is yet to develop the virtual search engine which will locate people even if they are not hooked on any computer or blackberry...but they will get there I am sure then I can reach my uncles in the remote villages...please do not ask me how...I am not paid to think into the future. Talking of thinking into the future, I was very impressed the other day to learn from one of CNN's program that some people are paid to think into the future...some people have it all made!!! And they are paid handsomely...I think I like that job. I can lie on my bed all day long dreaming into the futre the money is deposited into my account. I do not even mind if they do not want me lying on my soft bed with luxury sheets...I can wear my suit and sit in the office and stare into the empty space...and get paid very well because I can imagine all sorts of things in the future and then they can take it and start desigining ...oh boy! Won't that be great?

I was talking about search engines helping you find lost friends...a friend just found me through google or whatever after so many years spanning over 10 years... My sister said the other that she saw an old friend and it made her day and now this friend found me and is happy for it.

The one thing I must say though is that google helps me do my job...I am forerver googling stuff and getting useful information although it has also taken me to some whacko sites from very innocent information search.

Okay...did I appologise for not writing for a few days now? I guess I should. I have been going through one of those professional periods where you need to flex some muscles to get what you want...mental muscles and relationship muscles...if you work, you know exactly what I mean...having the make or mar discussions...where did it get me? Watch out...I will spill all on the blog.

Tra-la-la

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh. I'm so with you on this. I've rediscovered people just by looking their names up on Google.

By the way, what would you suggest to make the blog articles more down-to-earth and less technical?