Sunday, December 10, 2006

Providing Wifely Support

It is one of those weekends when 24 hours seem not to be enough…when wifely duties call, motherly duties call and personal needs pull and thug at you…

This weekend I have been running from pillar to post…funfair at Pappee’s school, racing to get some household need sorted not and racing to the music club for Pappee’s concert and I will tell you all about the music concert, Pappee’s performance and awards in another piece.

So I was saying that yours truly has been up and about for wifely support duties. It is end of the year and this weekend it is hubby’s bank activities all the way…Saturday night …CEO’s award night to deserving employees…No, no…hubby was not nominated this years so he did not win…have to keep my fingers crossed and pray for him so that he can win the award next year…who knows maybe he will give me the accompanying check since behind every successful man is a woman…which means that I am really his key to success right? So if he gets the hefty award check, he should simply hand it over to me right? This is a must prayer point everyday for next year…he had better won it …it will not be fun to pray for him for 12 months and nothing happens.

Then it is CEO’s dinner for directors (ex-director)…in all these yours truly had to dress up…really dress up and since I am not the going out type so I have has to think seriously about what to wear each day…I even have one very suitable outfit for the dinner but it is slightly big and I have not had time to adjust it. See what I mean…I have made a resolution come 2007 I will have a well equipped wardrobe…not jeans and tee’s or shirts and pats for work. I cannot be caught unawares anymore…I will even be asking when the dinners and the awards are scheduled months ahead…that is how ready I will be going forward…wish me luck!

Okay gotta go now and see how I can adjust my outfit because it is Sunday and it is almost time for another wifely support business outing and I have to be polite and make little conversations…only they starved us yesterday…too many speeches and the dinner was not until 10.30pm…your truly I almost starved to death…today I have eaten, had a glass of wine and ready for long speeches, little polite conversations and even plastering a permanent smile on my face as if I have no issues or problems all evening.

Did I mention that it did not stop me from the other duties…kitchen…bedroom…oh boy...those of you that are not married I am sure that you think it is all fun dressing up and hanging on the arms of hubby or better half as my husband has chosen to refer to me this whole weekend…not sure where that is coming from.

Oh I almost forgot that I had a piece in one of the major newspapers today and it was not properly edited. They used the first draft and not the latest version…not he greatest piece I have written and I am hoping no one mentions it tonight because I really do not feel up to discussing it…it was a poor outing…well that is the life a writer…remember I said I am a writer right? Some are good, some pieces are great and some a down right below par…boogey as they say in golf.

Something sad today too in the papers…faces of the little boys and girls who lost their lives in the plane crash a year ago. It has been very sad looking at those faces and as a mother my heart is broken…

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Yeeeeaaahhhh!!!! First!!!! Congrats Madam Journalist on getting ur article published!! Harass that paper seriously!! How could they not realise that there was a first draft and final draft? That was careless on their part!!!

LOL @ hanging on hubby's arm saturday night!! Mine had an end of year party too on friday where I hung on his arm too but it was fun!! Lots of dancing and mingling!!!

I'm with u all the way on praying for hubby to be successful!! At least behind that successful man, there will be a very, very satisfied woman and her hanger on - ME!! I'm anticipating that there will be very very big, mighty & sizeable crumbs falling from ur table my way now? Abi? LOL!!!

All ye beta bloggers!! The word verification on ur page has been giving me wahala!! I have been wrestling with it for the past 5minutes!! It just refused to show me any words at all to type in so my comment can be published!!

AmaraEee, Warn ya blog oh!!!

Funmi said...

Hope you had fun at the dinner? There is so much to being a good wife (lord give us strength and wisdom)